Our Fam

Our Fam
...It's Times Like These...

Thursday, September 11, 2008

9.11

SILHOUETTE

Like an earthquake, all the

sudden, everything came crumbling down

without warning, confused and without communication

only speculation, bracing for the big tremor,

expecting the worst

The rubble still there, not much has been

done in the last few days

finally the dust clears.

I crawled out of my room, thinking, feeling…

not wanting to proceed

this tree stricken with emotion

the knots seemed old and frayed

there off in the distance

a faint silhouette

my vision blurred

I see you there beautiful and peaceful

I give you a present, you open it; empty

as hard as I try, I cannot stop the fire

in one hand…petals. Wilted, damaged on the stem

hoping the last leaves don’t fall

the other, two magnets, once tight as glue

appeared as someone pulled them apart

Uninspired I am, because I can’t express

I want to move forward

no matter what

emptiness I feel…,

my heart won’t mend

Our Boys

Our Boys

This bet lasted over an hour

This bet lasted over an hour
-OUR SMILES HAVE LASTED EVER SINCE-