Our Fam

Our Fam
...It's Times Like These...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BILIRUBIN

Today Jill & Riley were expected to come home, as it turned out a few hours before they were to be released jaundice showed up. So Riley gets to sleep under the bililights with the cool shades on. I was reading about jaundice and it said that jaundice is more likely to occur in babies who arrive via induced labor. I was kind of surprised to learn that he had jaundice so late, I could be wrong but I thought they contracted it soon after they were born. Gavin had jaundice as well and I remember that they noticed it with him within the first 24 hours.

I wish that the nurses would have caught his jaundice earlier, it's so frustrating that this could have been taken care of earlier and Riley and Jill could be home already. Apparently one of the nurses said he was fine earlier when in fact he had jaundice.

On the brighter side of things Jill is doing so much better with this post pregnancy healing then last time. We are so greatful that a pound less made such a difference. :)

3 comments:

Pricilla said...

Glad that everything is going well, besides the jaundice. I remember recovery being so much better with the second baby too.

Paul and Kari said...

Let us know when Jill and the baby are home and feel like having visitors. We'd love to stop by.

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

I'm sorry they have to stay a little bit longer! That sucks. But if it helps Riley stay healthy then it'll be worth it! We're thinking of you guys!

Our Boys

Our Boys

This bet lasted over an hour

This bet lasted over an hour
-OUR SMILES HAVE LASTED EVER SINCE-